Do you have an existing alarm system that is starting to seem a bit dated?
Over the past year FSR Security have found themselves visiting many businesses and homes across Wiltshire that have system in place, but they have found that they are not as reliable as they ones were. There are several signs that it might be time to change your security system, this month we tell you what to look out for and why it may be time to change your security system.
Here are some of the most common reasons to update:
1. Outdated technology: Home security systems are becoming increasingly advanced, with features like wireless connectivity, mobile app access, and remote monitoring. If your system is more than 10 years old, it is likely outdated and may not be able to protect your home as effectively as it once could.
2. Frequent repairs or malfunctions: If you are constantly having to repair or replace parts of your security system, it is a sign that the system is not well-maintained or that it is simply not built to last. A newer system with higher-quality components will be less prone to problems. Of course, with any system installed by FSR Security Ltd, maintenance packages that are aligned with the manufacturers requirements
3. Limited features: Check your security system's features to make sure it is still meeting your needs. Do you have enough sensors to cover all of your entry points and valuables? Do you have the ability to remotely arm and disarm the system? Does it offer any advanced features like video surveillance or cloud storage?
4. Increased crime in your area: If crime rates in your neighborhood have been on the rise, it is a good idea to consider upgrading your security system to deter potential intruders. A newer system with more advanced features may make your home a less attractive target for burglars.
5. Changes to your home: If you have made any significant changes to your home, such as adding an extension or remodeling a room, your security system may need to be updated to accommodate the new layout.
6. Changes in your lifestyle: If you have started working from home or have children who are now old enough to stay home alone, you may need to add additional sensors or features to your security system to ensure your home is protected even when you are not there.
7. Upgraded monitoring services: We are able to offer upgraded monitoring services that include features like live video monitoring, rapid response times, and access to professional security personnel. If you are not already using these services, it may be worth considering an upgrade to your system in order to take advantage of them.
If you are thinking about updating your security, please feel free to get in touch with us. As security professionals, we can assess your current system and recommend whether or not it is time for an upgrade. We can also help you choose a new system that meets your needs and budget.
Remember, your home security system is an investment in your safety and peace of mind. Don't hesitate to upgrade your system if you think it will help protect your home and loved ones.
FSR Security Ltd are leading providers of security systems and solutions in Swindon and the South West. In Our blog we let our customers keep up with the latest security news